We met up with Patty (Brittany's mom) and her friends who were vacationing in California. We toured The Hearst Castle.
Inside of Hearst Castle - this dining room was used for inspiration for the dining hall in the Harry Potter movies.
Awesome pool #2 - indoors.
Last sunday at Trinity Pres in SLO - sweet friends.
This was the group of regulars from Theology Pub for college students that Dan went to most Monday nights.
Dan with the Trinity elders.
Sweet friends, from L to R: Julia, Iris and Annie.
We love the Appels!
Sunset at the Hermosa Inn on the way back to Texas.
Happy 3rd anniversary!
The summer flew by, and it’s already been a month since we drove east toward the rising sun, away from the Pacific Ocean and the wonderful people of Trinity Presbyterian Church in San Luis Obispo. Though the internship ended, our full schedule did not.
- Dan preached our last Sunday at Trinity Pres in SLO - it was a great way to end, although sad to say goodbye to all our wonderful friends in California.
- The Hermosa Inn, Paradise Valley, AZ. Our first stop driving east was at this wonderful boutique inn in Scottsdale, AZ. We stayed two nights for our 3rd wedding anniversary and began readjusting to the heat we did NOT face in SLO. We highly recommend this inn- especially if you get a deal through Jetsetter.com
- We stayed a week in Texas- splitting between Dan’s hometown- Longview, and the Dallas area. We had two baby showers- one from the Gracey clan (Dan’s mom’s family) and one from the Tanamachis, Menascos, Leard, and friends. We enjoyed celebrating with our friends and family the coming arrival of Jonah. We also stopped in Tulsa, OK for a night, to see our niece Katherine’s baptism Sunday morning. Our travels through Texas and Oklahoma provided great time with friends and family.
- We separated for our drive back to STL and Brittany drove our new Jeep Grand Cherokee- a great and truly appreciated gift from Dan’s parents. Thank you so much!!!
- Since being back in STL, we’ve: continued prepping our 300 sq ft apartment for Jonah’s arrival; started a 6 weeks childbirth class at the hospital; Dan’s returned to free-lance landscaping and Brittany has substituted taught at Covenant Christian School.
- Dan’s school started back this week. He’s excited about his classes- especially his class about the Psalms and Wisdom Literature of the Bible, and a class about Leadership and system dynamics in relationship in ministry. Brittany will also spend time at the seminary this year- she will be a Teaching Assistant and Grader for one of her great education professors- Dr. Donald Guthrie.
Life is pretty much getting back to normal... except we have a baby coming in about a month!!!
We are grateful for how the Lord blessed us this summer. Please give thanks with us for:
- The hospitality and love of the folks of Trinity Presbyterian Church and the Medlock family for letting us live with them
- Much love and support showered during several baby showers
- A great safe car for Brittany and Jonah- Dan’s parents’ former Jeep Grand Cherokee. Now we have a safe place for a car-seat that has working AC.
- A wonderful scholarship from First Presbyterian Church, Longview, TX
- An amazing blessing of a full tuition waver from the seminary. The scholarship is for students in their final year, planning to enter pastoral ministry, and who met certain qualifications.
- For Jonah’s continued development and preparation for his arrival in about a month
- Brittany’s health as she becomes more uncomfortable and closer to delivery
- Dan as he tries to figure out how to balance caring for Brittany and Jonah, as well as diligence in study, and regularity in his landscaping work.
- Our future as Dan starts applying for jobs for when he graduates in May.